While I'm writing the reference manual of XC, I tested built-in functions listed in PG 9.0 reference manual. Most of the functions worked well, thank god. And I found the following functions don't look to work.
- pg_listening_channels() -- does not return any rows.
- inet_client_addr() (same as above)
- inet_client_port() (same as above)
- inet_server_addr() (same as above)
- inet_server_port() (same as above)
- version() -- returns base PostgreSQL version information.
- has_function_privilege() --- Required additional left parehthesis
- pg_get_ruledef() --- pg_rules does not include oid ...
- col_description(object_oid, catalog_name) ---> tries to look for a column
- col_description(object_oid) --> no function matches
- shobj_description(object_oid, catalog_name) ---> returns null(?) row
- inet_* functions: they will return NULL if postmaster listens to UNIX domain socket. I tested both in multi-server environment and local environment but not using "localhost" and using -i option to start postgres. I had the same result.
- version(): Maybe the same cause as document making.
- has_function_privilege: input syntax seems to be okay but psql complains. Helpful if any of you have a working example to use this.
Functions I haven't tested so far:
- has_foreign_data_wrapper_privilege() --- Foreign Data Wrapper
- has_server_privilege() --- Foreign Data Wrapper
- has_tablespace_privilege() --- hard to test in local environment
- pg_get_expr() --- Don't know how to use it ...
- Most of them needs multi-server environment to test. It's helpful if anybody has working example of pg_get_expr().